Sylar freaking out about potentially nuking New York was very amusing. Particularly since he rang Mohinder first. That scene was very funny--Mohinder totally failed to say or do anything even remotely useful (no surprise) and Sylar was driven in desparation to seek out his mother for advice. Which apparently was the worst possible outcome, since mum seems to be the cause of his (very simplistic) mental crisis: Mum says 'be special', I be special.
I had much love for the snow globe scene. I've always found snow globes creepy and Sylar trapping his mother in a snow globe like world was quite delightfully psychotic. Poor mum! It's hard to understand how Sylar went from begging his mother to tell him he doesn't need to
Meanwhile, Nathan was also having mummy issues. I'm still torn. I hate the idea of Nathan as Mrs Petrelli's (and Linderman's) puppet, so I hope he's double-crossing them. But I also want New York to go boom. Can both be achieved? Regardless, I still put my faith in Flying Man. Since the episode contrasted him and Sylar so obviously, it seems likely that he'll find a heroic twist on his mother's words, whereas Sylar drew a warped conclusion from his own mother's words. Sylar's mother seemed the more genuinely well-meaning of the two, even if she did breed a monster. Still, snow globes: *shudders*.
Micah finally worked out that mum was acting a bit odd. DL and Jessica did something that I've totally forgotten, but much of the episode was taken up by Peter, who displayed an exasperating reluctance to share relevant information with Claire until the last possible moment. Yes, Peter, she might stay if you actually told her what was at stake and how you knew. Details, man, details!
Mohinder came in useful! Though admittedly not for any cerebral attribute. In fact, he came to terms with his own ineptitude thanks to Molly. Her straight-up 'the other doctors are better at this' seemed to heal something in him (maybe he doesn't have to be 'special' now--hee!) and it turns out his blood can heal her. Apart from the reciprocal warm and fuzzies, this is good news if it means she can find Sylar. Of course, I couldn't help feeling that locating Ted and keeping him far away from Peter would have been a better focus for this episode... Alas, too late, Peter is now explodey.
The Weekly Incest Watch
- Peter and Claire angst and then bond over their Special Destiny (which they feel with one another, like woah) with bonus cheek strokage.
- Peter and Nathan: Claire gets to see the brothers' dynamic up close and gets (justifiably) jealous--'Why do you keep running back to him?'
- Sylar feels the need to spruce up (or down) for Mum. And turns out he's doing it all for her... of course!
- Nathan is either doing it all for his mother or doing it all for his brother or doing it all for Claire, or, oh, hell, I don't even know what he's doing yet...
- Mohinder crushes on a pre-pubescent sister-surrogate and tells creepy bedtime stories about mummys and daddys and blood (eww!)