1. I went hermit-y for a while. It's a thing. It happens periodically and unexpectedly and usually for no specific reason. Sorry. It's not personal. But I haven't read my f'list for days, so if important stuff has happened you should let me know.
2. BSG's 'Revelations' has NOT settled well with me. I'm fronting up about that now in case any of my BSG friends wonder why I'm not much interested in engaging about the show at the moment. I enjoyed the adrenalin rush of the episode in the immediate moment, but I have some major, probably insurmountable issues with the direction of the show and I've heard a couple of things recently that make me think that I (will soon) have had it with the whole show, forever. This is not an abandonment of the fandom or my friends in it: you guys rock! But yeah. Better to be honest.
3. On the advice of mskatej and radioreverie I have been mainlining 30 Rock and loving it. I have watched most episodes at least twice now! It is so very charming, and Liz Lemon is awesome. Even though I know everyone who likes the show relates to her because the show is constructed that way (and there's a Liz Lemon aspect to all of us), I feel like she is very much 'me'--in the workplace, at least. And especially me-how-I-was-last-year when I was in a temporary middle management position. Ah, middle management: how I do not miss you!
4. I read Stephanie Meyer's 'Twilight' and declare it to be the most insipid and disturbing Mary Sue I have ever read. I hear that the series only goes from bad to worse in the subsequent novels.
5. I have the 'blahs' about a lot of things these days: TV, books, movies, LJ, even vidding... I'm hoping that will shift soon, but I'm finding it means I don't know what to post about.
6. I've been browsing a lot of non-LJ blogs recently, semi-obsessively, and kind of want to share my finds, but does anyone care? What are your favourite blogs? Should I be reading them?
7. I'm in a post-'Paranoid Android' vidding slump, which is probably not unexpected. However, the good news is I submitted two vids for Vividcon: 'Southside' for bradcpu's Action panel, and 'Paranoid' for Nearly New. The Vividcon schedule is up, so I can stare enviously at all the sessions I'd go to if I was going.
8. I've started yoga again. I learnt that I should NEVER STOP IT AGAIN because the first week absolutely killed me. I was practically narcoleptic after two 6am starts, and my whole body ached. But I'm finding my way back into it.
9. Doctor Who's not bad at the moment, eh? I was surprised how much I enjoyed an episode that included the Torchwood gang: I thought that was impossible for me. I still have Issues with the show, but it gets points from me for entertainment value for the last couple of eps.
10. I am de-hermiting at a very foolish time. We're about to have (yet) another houseguest, so I may have intermittent net time. Ah well! So goes life.
So what's up with you guys?