I ... really hung on to hope.
Apologies to Dollhouse supporters but I can't believe Dollhouse got renewed and T:SCC got canned. Or rather, I can believe it and I think it says a lot about the ugly reality of network television.
Damn it, damn it, damn it. *sad*
This week needs to pick its game up, news-wise. Over to you, American Idol! If Adam Lambert does not win, I will be punching puppies, a la Kristen from 'Idolatry'.
Unfortunately (clearly) the world does not bend to my will.
*returns to some manuscripts that will*
ETA: Apparently Ausiello may have been basing that on previous advice, not the news that was/is due today, the 18th. Does anyone know anything more definite?
ETA2: And now it's definite. Josh Friedman's announcement is extremely gracious.
ETA3: The transcript of Friedman, Ashman and Thomsen in the SCC chat room is super-cool and soothing me greatly right now. Though apparently it was Fox or nothing. SyFy no go, and Ashman will be 'curling up with the DVDs' now. For those of you that can't be bothered reading the whole thing, my personal favourite chat gems were:
- Friedman saying he'd written a part from a dog's perspective and it was awesome (I want that!)
- Friedman saying we would have found out what happened in the basement in Season 3.
- Friedman saying Derek was never considered a love interest for Sarah (phew!)
- Dan admitting he wrote Trek fanfic when he was young and saying "the ONLY two other male characters in genre who have more chemistry than Kirk and Spock are Clark and Lex". Duh! *hearts*
- Oh, and Friedman saying he liked 'the first three seasons' of BSG. Hahaha, with you, mate.