The tenth doctor's series started here in Aus last night. I had seen the first six episodes of the Nine series, and despite my reservations was really enjoying the complexities that Eccleston brought to the character. And I was hyped for David Tennant, having seen snippets in the UK when I was there. But I didn't expect to instantly love him as much as I did. I was squeeing crazily. Already! And Ten was catatonic for most of the episode. *blinks* Even so, DT managed to convey the wonderfully mercurial quality of the Doctor, and he's just so wee and slight and fragile and fey. I just want to squish him! Eee! And glasses! *dorks* Is love. What can I say?
(And y'all are killing me with your 2.13 DW posts! I can't even imagine how much better it gets...)
So I have to kill time until I see POTC2 tonight, but luckilly I have a few memes to do. Memes often irk me, and these ones are particularly bossy. So despite what they say below, please only consider yourselves tagged if you want to be!
From mskatej, Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with six random facts about yourself. In the end you need to choose six people to be tagged and list their names
1. I only recently threw out my seven seasons of BtVS and five seasons of AtS on video (taped diligently by my mother as I didn't get good TV reception in my student sharehouse at the time). (Naturally I bought the DVDs!)
2. When I was five, I wanted to be a zoologist.
3. In my final year, my fascist (no, really) high school sacked my French teacher for being publicly gay (he was interviewed as a representative for AIDS support in my state) and I wrote a letter complaining about it. I was ostracised by the school principal and co. for the rest of the year, but they sucked up something rotten when I got the highest leaving score and was made Dux. Fuckers. Yes, I'm still bitter.
4. The only musical instrument I've ever played is the euphonium.
5. I lost my virginity to someone I didn't know, and I'm still really glad I did.
6. When I was wee, I hated dolls and loved tractors. And car lorries. I still squee about car lorries. Unfortunately this did not indicate a budding engineering career: stereotypes are deceptive!
From carpenyx, Once you are tagged you MUST write a journal/blog entry about your 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I read walking along the street. I read crossing the road. I read walking up stairs. I have good peripheral vision. I do not consider it a problem, and get really tired of people freaking out about it on my behalf. Get over it, people!
2. Sometimes I wear my hair in pigtails even though it's not age-appropriate.
3. Currently I eat six meals a day. (It's awesome! The best eating regime for weight loss and health EVER.)
4. I alphabetise my CD collection, but it's all gone to hell since I started downloading music instead.
5. I obsess about getting enough calcium and iron. Naturally, not from a supplement.
6. I find make-up too tedious to bother with, but admire good make-up on others.