1. I have a really loud laugh. I rarely think about it but every so often someone reminds me just how loud it is.
Guys in design department at the opposite side of the building: Oh, yes, we always know when it's Friday! We hear you giggling.
Friend at uni: Were you outside X building on Thursday at 10? I thought so. I was in a fifth floor classroom and heard you.
2. I have approximately 5 floor-ceiling bookshelves worth of books and consider this my bare minimum required library. (I actually sell/lend/get rid of a lot of books--there's a high turnover.)
3. I'm not very neat. I'm also not very coordinated. Put them together and you get: sprained ankle from hurdling a pile of papers beside my desk at work. Apparently I yelped like a cow in labour. Flattering, huh?!
4. I faint a lot. Consequently I have an array of embarrassing fainting stories. Unlike Lana Lang I don't bounce back like rubber. In fact, I remember a mortifying time when I was around 11 or 12, and we'd just reached that school stage of 'omg! boys are boys!' when I fainted on a boy. I woke with my head in his lap. He was staring determinedly at the ceiling and I've no idea who was more mortified--me or him.
5. I have absolutely no ability to flirt. I am the anti-flirt. Recently a cute boy in glasses tried to (I think) pick me up as we crossed the road at some traffic lights. I was reading, as usual.
Cute-glasses-boy: *popping right up in my face* Hey! how do you do that? I'd get so many bruises if I tried to read and walk at the same time!'
Me: *blank stare of doom* Um. I've always been able to do it.
Cute-glasses-boy: *persisting* What you readin'?
Me: *turning Vietnam War memoir over* This.
Cute-glasses-boy: *obviously nowhere to go* Ok. Any good?
Lights change, I move to cross road reading, out of the corner of my eye I see him head in a different direction... at least I thought so. Except thirty seconds later I look behind me and he's trailing me.
Cute-glasses-boy: *a bit embarrassed* Oh, I'm just trying to see how you do that! How do you not run into things?
Me: Peripheral vision.
Cute-glasses-boy: Oh... ok... *finally runs away*
I've thought back on this, and you know what? It's not that I was trying to shrug him off. I actually thought he was quite lovely. And ok, I have a boyfriend, but flirting is flattering, right? No, it wasn't a lack of willingness... it was COMPLETE AND UTTER INABILITY TO FLIRT.
6. Recently I got supacat to teach me the basics (absolute basics) of Final Cut Pro and I've been obsessed ever since. It's all terribly tricky still, but I am having SO much fun! :-)
I made a practice vidlet if anyone would like to see it. I had to find a very short song and only had Season 6 Smallville eps to work with, so I was seriously limited creatively. But it turned into a study of Clark's relationships early season 6.
7.4 MB, MP4
Smallville: Clark character/relationship study
Song: Situations, Jack Johnson
Feedback: If you do dl, 'twould be awesome!
I have heaps more to learn! 'Tis very exciting! \o/
ETA: And also now the link actually works. Btw, vid quality is not high because I haven't got the hang of exporting yet.