Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. This one means the most to me: if you haven't already done so, switch to green energy. If you live with your family, talk to them about it--talk to your friends about it, your parents, your relatives. It doesn't cost much extra and you can usually save back that money by being a bit more careful about turning off appliances when they're not in use and using power-saving lightbulbs. We're killing the planet, and until we show governments and big corporations that there's a demand for alternative energy sources, they're not going to do anything about it.
2. Icons! I loves them, I treasures them. They're are my preeeeciousssssssss.
3. Vid recs! Always! I'll watch anything--they don't have to be from my fandoms. Who's your favourite vidder? What's the funniest vid you've ever seen? What vids make you cry? Sexiest vid? Best use of metaphor? Best use of literalism? ;-)
4. Extension of this: know any good vid meta? Anywhere I can get tips on Final Cut Pro for beginners? Alternatiely: concrit on my vid, if/when I post it, would be very welcome.
5. Layout help. I'd like a new one that displays my tags in a side panel, but I get defeated by the technicalities. *bites lip*
6. Anything from www.oxfamunwrapped.com.au or www.goodgifts.org. Those guys rock! And I've never yet been given anything from them despite repeated hinting around my family.
7. Anything from my Amazon Wish List.
8. Extra userpics: impending date of (possible, tragic) deletion is Dec 16. :-( ETA: Thank you, aurora_bee!!
9. Music. Some of you know what I like. *g* (Ask radioreverie if you're not sure!)
10. Umm... *frowns* More time? I'd like more time for fannish things. *does the Hiro-freezing-time face* Can someone wave a magic wand for me?! Cross your fingers and wish for me!