I'm in a pre-Christmas frenzy of activity, so this is going to be brief, but a few updates that you may or may not be interested in:
- for now conditions in Melbourne have improved (smoke cleared, temperature lowered), but the fires are still threatening to join up and form one massive front. The danger if this happens is that they could head for our water catchment areas and spoil the remaining water we have. Thursday's forecast is bleak--as bad, or worse than the weekend. The volunteers must be exhausted--they're backburning and trying to strengthen containment lines while they can. If it comes down to it, they'll abandon defense of settlements to defend the water catchments. It's that bad. *sad*
- Casino Royale! Helllooooooooo, Bond! I finally saw it and have to add my voice to all those squeeing over the extreme hotness! And the cheese was just ERASED from that movie! *reels* Favourite Bond ever.
- I have been reading. Hahum. Yes, truly I have, though I have not updated my book journal in eons. That's because I'm been re-reading so much and then OD-ing on froth in the form of Georgette Heyer novels and such nonsense. Evidently my brain is already on holiday.
- To my SV people: please do not give up on teh Clex before I make my first Clex vid. *puppy eyes at you* 'Tis in slow-but-satisfying progress, with an estimated arrival date of early Jan. It will break my heart if noone watches it. *pulls emotional blackmail on you* :-p
- Apologies to everyone who receives Xmas cards from me in January... I'm trying, really... I'm just,
ETA: Please let this be true!